BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Friday 5 October 2012

London Design Festival 2012 trends: marble...




I've been a bit of a marble nut for about five years, buying it second-hand whenever I spot it - whether on marble-topped side tables or huge chopping boards. I felt like it was due a comeback. After Milan 2011 I wrote that marble was definitely returning but not to the extent I'd hoped. But now it is huge news. Marble is an inherently beautiful material that suggests luxury without wastefulness - because of its sheer solidity. It also gives a serene quality to a space. At LDF 2012 there were some unusual marble accessories and lighting as well as lots of marble tabletops. Some designers turned this convention on its head, literally, with marble bases beneath wooden tops













I'm hoping to add captions and links at some point but if your work is here and you'd like it captioned now, please email me at the address in the 'about me' section.