BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Thursday 18 October 2012

London Design Festival 2012 trends: enclosed furniture…


It's a bit early to call this a trend but I thought I detected an increase in 'enclosed' furniture at LDF 2012. I saw a few designs that re-invented the wing-back form, as well as more overtly hooded pieces. This links to my previous post where feminine colours help us create softness, warmth and intimacy in our homes because we find them lacking in the wider world. Likewise here, designers are exploring our need to for a sense of sanctuary as we escape from our turbulent times into our favourite chair or the ultimate inner sanctum of the bed.









I'm hoping to add captions and links at some point but if your work is here and you'd like it captioned now, please email me at the address in the 'about me' section.