BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Friday 5 October 2012

London Design Festival 2012 trends: mixed metals...


Metal was a really important material at LDF 2012. Chiefly polished, with some matt finishes. Chiefly brass, with quite a lot of copper and a bit of chrome. Lots of designers are using these three in combination which is a way of saying ‘this work is ALL about the metal’. But even pieces made in wood etc made a feature of metal detailing

I saw a few rusted finishes during the festival but not as many as I'd hoped. I suspect that there is more of this to come. 





























I'm hoping to add captions and links at some point but if your work is here and you'd like it captioned now, please email me at the address in the 'about me' section.