BRAND NEW BLOG: Launched December 2010.
Keep an eye on this blog by clicking 'follow' above or follow via Twitter, below right...
Truly time-poor? Key trends are written in BOLD!

Thursday 2 June 2011

You can find interiors inspiration in anything, even Seinfeld

In honour of comedian Jerry Seinfeld playing London for the first time in many years tonight, I thought I'd share this picture. I re-watched all the Seinfelds this year and found that it remains my favourite TV comedy. Perhaps unsurprisingly though, interiors inspiration was thin on the ground. All of the main characters' apartments are terrible, although Kramer has some interesting ideas (levels, wood panelling, indoor porches, talk show sets etc). However I spotted this gem along the way. It's one of (my favourite character) George's offices, although I can't remember which - possibly a short-lived job he had in 'The Barber'. It feels like someone else's set that the production team borrowed. 
Anyway, I love the furniture with its clean lines and metal trim and the pictures, in their flat frames - something I'm very into after years of OTT frames and mounts. It's slick but also unassuming and pared-down, which I like. But what makes it really remarkable as a workaday businessman's office is the unusual autumnal colour palette: brown walls, pale yellow furniture, the orange shades within the artworks. It's as stylish as a 'proper' office (and Seinfeld episode) can get.


' I show up. I pretend I have the job, the guy's on vacation. 
If I have the job, it's fine. If I don't have the job, by the time he comes back, I'm ensconced. 
What's the worst thing that could happen?' George Costanza